Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fabulous Las Vegas!

So, we finally made it to VEGAS. It was quite the trip! It was hard to leave all our good friends in Texas but we know that this is where we need to be now. FUN times were had there though that is for sure! We had water volleyball tournaments, we went to a youth activity at the water park(we always enjoy the youth activities more than the youth) and got in trouble for being too rowdy in the lazy river, yard sales, games etc.




One really awesome thing that happened before we left was our truck got ran into...in our parking lot...by a guy on a motorcycle...days before we had to leave...GREAT!


I was driving behind the guy and saw him run into it. I was in shock. I quickly got out expecting to call 911 b/c he busted is head open. He was up and I asked if he was ok and he said yeah so then I said well you ran into my TRUCK! He said oh man. Uh, yeah! So I went to get Adam and show him the damage. THe guy just about took off the bumper. Then the neighbor came out and was wondering what happened and I pointed to the front bumper of her REALLY nice BMW where it was all mashed in and then I pointed at the motorcycle guy(he did it)! It was not a good day.

Whats really great is the guy was test riding the bike and the bike owner has NO insurance, so of course the ins. company decides to go with the guy who has no insurance and we have to pay for it! We were rushing the insurance b/c we had to move and kind of have to have a bumper that can pull a trailer and the guy says, "well Mr. Kelley you really shouldn't schedule your moving dates around mechanic repairs." Ha ha! What an idiot. Adam tells him that we did not PLAN on our truck getting ran into RIGHT before we have to leave.




Well, now we have a shiny new bumper! It came late but with the help of my parents and our good friend Scott Crappa we were able to get everything ready for the big move. It was nice having my parents with us to give us company and trade off drivers. We stopped at some amazing ANTIQUE stores! And we just HAD to stop in Pecos Texas and get their famous cantelopes! It was fun.



6 comments:

  1. We miss you! I am so excited that you are going to be updating your blog! Yay! I am glad you guys are there safe and that you are meant to be there. We just miss you so much! Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that it probably wasn't funny when you were experiencing it, but give it some time and I am sure that you will be laughing over the motorcycle incident. Glad that things went well and that you are back in Las Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe he ran into your parked truck! That is so funny! Happy to hear you made it to Vegas and are enjoying yourselves!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's crazy about the motorcycle. Wes and I have talked about going to Vegas. We'll have to look you up if we ever make it there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nat. The troubles of moving. Glad you guys made it! We miss you and thanks for updating this thing!! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! An update finally! That is so retarded about that guy! Insurance companies are the worst! Glad you were able to move though! And congrats on the shiny new bumper!

    ReplyDelete