Friday, June 11, 2010

Motivation

I have decided that there is no better motivation to get things done around the house than to have someone come visit you!

When our friends from Texas told us that they were coming to visit us I was SUPER DUPER EXCITED!! We love them and can't wait to be reunited!





SO right away I had to get to work and get some projects done! I wanted to paint the extra bedroom yellow so it is gender neutral and we won't have to re-paint when we have kids.
Here is the room before: I like to call it Pepto-Bismal pink





And here it is now.....................isn't it beautiful?! SIKE.
It was like taking a giant highlighter and painting the room. It burns my eyes even looking at it! Back to Home Depot I go and finally a guy helped me out with the color b/c yellows are tricky.



There are at least four layers of paint there. It was crazy!



This is the final color. It looks a little weird in the picture but it is a cute pale yellow.


Clean up clean up everybody everywhere.....clean up clean up everybody do your share!
Haha, I know you have sang that song before. You thought I was joking that my nephews help me clean didn't you?! NOPE. My nephew is the best helper ever!!




Of course, he LOVED doing the man jobs with Adam more than he did cleaning with me. haha! Well adam told him to come over so he could show him what real men do, or big boys according to my nephew. He says," Adam you ARE a big boy!"






And what did he get after all this hard work..............................
a giant MARSHMELLOW!!!
That made it all worth it! Gotta love cheap labor hahaha! Love him.
We are ready for the weekend with friends!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute little helper!! I like the yellow the room turned out to be. That's hilarious. Hope you had a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN! Hope you guys have a good time with the Charles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! if i come help can i get a marshmallow too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it was a perfect yellow. SO perfect that we need to come back for another visit just to stay in that room again. I also like that picture of me. I think that is the cutest picture I have of me pregnant. Oh wait...was I pregnant then??? Well, lets hope so. Love you guys and thanks for more great times!!!!

    ReplyDelete